Congressman Raúl Labrador
An internship in Congressman Raúl Labrador’s office is a temporary, unpaid position of public service assisting constituents of Idaho’s 1st Congressional District. As part of the pursuit of educational objectives, the internship provides hands-on experience in administrative and legislative support, as well as valuable insight into the workings of federal government.
Most importantly, an intern must be courteous and willing to help. A high degree of professionalism and adaptability are fundamental, as well as enthusiasm and initiative for possible tasks. An intern is expected to display good writing skills and knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Availability to work occasional evening hours is desirable and strongly recommended.
Interns must follow a consistent schedule of work hours, but we will work closely with the intern to be flexible when scheduling. Interns must also comply with the office educational plan as follows:
- Assist in general office duties.
- Assist in the management of correspondence. Including; opening, distributing, logging-in, drafting responses for, and, on a daily basis, filing completed inquiries.
- Assist with the collection and distribution of news articles.
- Attend committee hearings and policy briefings, give Capitol tours (DC Office), and track and monitor legislation.
For more information please call our office at (202) 225-6611.
To apply for an internship with Congressman Labrador, please fill out the following application:
- Internship Application (08/20/13 11:48 AM PST)