Over the years, my office has become the “go-to” location for Idahoans who need help navigating the federal bureaucracy.
This page is dedicated to some of our greatest success stories and accomplishments.
If you need help dealing with a federal agency and you’re ready to initiate a case, please go here.
Rep. Labrador was able to secure medals for Idaho veteran Roy Mitchell.
- Ms. Mitchell of Post Falls, Idaho contacted Congressman Labrador’s office in order to secure medals for her husband, Idaho veteran Roy Mitchell. Rep. Labrador was able to get the following medals for Mr. Mitchell: the National Defense Service Medal, the Vietnam Service Medal, and the Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal.
- Mr. Meuser was attempting for over a year to garner Aid and Attendance benefits for his father through the Department of Veterans’ Affairs Pension Management Center (PMC). Within a month after contacting the Congressman’s office, the PMC awarded these benefits to his father.
- Ms. Anneker of Nampa, Idaho contacted the Congressman’s office for assistance with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). The IRS was erroneously holding a refund that amounted to several thousands of dollars that she was due. Within a month of contacting Congressman Labrador’s office, she received the full refund owed to her with interest.
- Ms. Shuster of Meridian, Idaho contacted Congressman Labrador’s office for assistance in saving her home from foreclosure. She had been struggling with her bank to modify her mortgage for three years. The Congressman’s staff worked with the banks congressional liaison and saved Ms. Shuster and her family from being homeless.
Since Rep. Labrador came to Congress in 2011, his office has managed to help over 11,000 Idahoans that have contacted us for assistance. We’ve also brought back over $10 million in money that constituents were owed by federal agencies.
In 2013, his office was able to…
- Help 2,267 Idahoans that contacted us for assistance.
- Bring back over $4 million in money that constituents were owed by federal agencies.
- Recovered $1.3 million for Idaho veterans and their families.
- Answer 66,838 letters.
- Guide 808 Idahoans on US Capitol Tours.
- Hold 421 meetings with constituents, groups and businesses.
- Host 6 town halls meetings.
2014 highlights include…
- From Jan.-May 2014, Rep. Labrador’s office was able to recover $2.3 million that constituents were owed by federal agencies. This includes over $800,000 for Idaho veterans and their families.
- Rep. Labrador’s Constituent Services Specialist, Tori Shockey, was recognized by Warrior Pointe for her great work helping local veterans
Tori Shockey was recognized by Warrior Pointe for her great work helping local veterans.
Article in Idaho Statesman about Rep. Labrador’s constituent casework: http://www.techzone360.com/news/2011/12/26/6018380.htm
Last updated: May 2014